Consumer Advisory Group
General Practice Network NT (GPNNT) recognises the benefit of developing partnerships with consumers, and the community, in working towards improved health for the people of the Northern Territory (NT). To enable GPNNT to hear consumer views it has established a Consumer Advisory Group (CAG). CAG provides consumer input into GPNNT’s Programs and activities.
CAG comprises members of community organisations and individuals representing a range of health consumers in the NT. Members include:
CAG is a member of the Consumers’ Health Forum, the national peak body representing health consumers. We endorse GPNNT member applications to provide consumer representation on a range of national committees. Through the CAG, GPNNT sources health consumers to sit on local committees, health planning work-groups, program advisory groups and to provide consumer feedback on primary health issues.
All CAG members are members of Health Consumers of Rural and Remote Australia
GPNNT CAG Terms of Reference
1. Provide structured consumer engagement to enhance the work and role of the GPNNT across all of the NT.
2. Provide input on needs and issues in the NT related to general practice and primary health care.
3. Participate in the strategic planning of GPNNT.
4. Provide input at various stages of program development, implementation and evaluation by GPNNT.
5. Suggest and support further opportunities for Consumer involvement in the programs and activities of GPNNT.
6. Provide a mechanism for Consumers to engage in and work with networks outside the GPNNT CAG, in order to broaden the representation of Consumers from across a broad selection of the community and the perspective that Members bring to the Group
7. Ensure balanced representation across the following health areas:
i. General portfolios- (eg Carer’s, chronic disease/condition management, including mental health)
ii. Men’s and Women’s health
iii. Child and Youth health
iv. Disabilities, Aged
v. Indigenous health, Culturally and Linguistically diverse groups
vi. Remote health
8. To report back to GPNNT Board of Directors as required
For further information please contact Cath Meng, Business Administrator on 8982 1059 or firstname.lastname@example.org