Request Locum Support
Rural and remote health services may be eligible to access suitably qualified General Practitioners for subsidised GP locum relief through GPNNT’s Locum Program. Services may receive subsidies as a cost reduction for locum expenses per financial year and per GP position.
Services located in Remoteness Area (RA) classification of 3-5 may be eligible to apply.
- Requests received are subject to the following priority list, where 1 is the highest:
1. Solo GP in remote area
2. Group practice GP in a remote area
3. Solo GP in a regional centre
4. Group practice GP in a regional centre
5. Outside agencies or for ‘stopgap’ purposes
- Requests for locum support periods are required to be a minimum of two weeks.
- Eligibility is for the Financial year (1 July to 30 June), there is no provision to carry over unused subsidy entitlements to the next financial year
- Trainee GPs, including registrars, are not eligible for locum assistance
- Salaried Medical Officers in Government funded organisations are not eligible for locum subsidy
Request locum support
Please complete and return the Locum Request Form. Laura Goldstone, Locum Coordinator, will contact you to discuss your request and subsidy options.
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Rural Health Workforce Australia
NT Government Department of Health and Families
For further information and assistance contact Laura Goldstone, Locum Coordinator, on (08) 8982 1064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GPNNT acknowledges the financial support of the Rural Health Workforce Australia and Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing